Hope deffered !




All was well with me,
Now all is shattered within me.
Stripped me of honor;
Dreams banished forever.
Crying never laid to rest,
Eyes pouring out tears to God.

Crushed with pain
Reproached by words,
Groping in darkness,
Feet fastened with shackles.
Becoming a laughing stock,
Calling for help with no one to hear!

Blown away like a chaff
Days passed, plans shattered
And so are the desires of my heart!
As water wears away stone
As torrents wash away the soil
So is my hope washed away. 

Many wounds with no reason
Waiting for renewal to come
Trembling seizes my body.
Atleast there is hope for a tree,
If it is cut down it will sprout again
But i as a human can find no hope!

Why is my hope uprooted like a plant?
Where then is my hope?
Who can see any hope for me?
Is there someone to stand in the gap?
Should i call this feeling as
Hope deffered makes the heart sick!?

At one point or the other we come to the point of life where we feel that all that we hoped for is now gone. Right now all that you could feel is pain,doubt,fear...the doors we thought would be open by now are still closed! The dreams we dreamed, visions we had are all seemingly impossible because of the situation around you.
Those whom you thought would help were the first ones to actually hurt you. When life happens just the opposite of what we hoped for...it's quite common for us to waver in our faith.
We start to lose our faith, we start to lose our hope. But when Job faced such a situation that was exactly opposite to what he would have never even imagined to ever happen...He had to encourage himself..he had to find hope amidst hopelessness...we find in the book of Job ch13 v15 that he says," though He slay me, yet I will hope in Him " He never lost his faith on God and his hope was not disappointed!
when life turns upside down. We may find ourselves vacillating between despair and hope,doubt and faith. God doesn't require us to be dauntless in the face of adversity but instead He invites us to come to Him with our questions! Bible says in Isaiah 49:23 that," those who hope in Him will not be disappointed." So no matter what happens hold on to God who is the author and the finisher of our faith!

Hope deffered can make the heart sick 
But not my faith weak!  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting for a Life Partner !?

My Daddy !